HSC Showcase Exhibitions
DesignTECH – HSC Design and Technology
DesignTECH is an exhibition of outstanding HSC Major Design Projects from Design and Technology students across New South Wales. DesignTECH opens at the Powerhouse Museum at the beginning each year.
InTech – HSC Industrial Technology
InTech is an exhibition of outstanding Major Projects from HSC Industrial Technology students across New South Wales.
The exhibition covers all Industrial Technology focus areas such as Timber Products, Furniture, Automotive, Electronics, Graphics, Metal and Engineering and Multimedia. The exhibition features students’ portfolios that document the design process, management of ideas and production, communication and making of their projects.
InTech is exhibited at the Sydney Timber and Working with Wood Show held at the Sydney Showground, Homebush.
Newington at DesignTECH and InTech
InTech Exhibition 2014
- James Lloyd’s bush furniture rocking chair and table caught the eye of the HSC markers and was nominated for consideration in the State Wide InTech Display.
DesignTECH Exhibition 2013
- Jacob Dick – Moodlighting was shortlisted for selection at DesignTECH
- Zubin Nanavati’s Midi Controller was also considered
- Jordan Spira’s Multi Purpose Table and Chairs was also shortlisted
DesignTECH Exhibition 2012
- Jarrod Stilp selected for possible inclusion in the prestigious Exhibition.
InTech Exhibition 2012
- Michael Drummond produced a wonderful inlay inspired blanket chest that was nominated for consideration in the State-wide display.
DesignTECH Exhibition 2011
- Joshua McMartin’s versatile table with ambiance spirit burners was selected for consideration
DesignTECH Exhibition 2010
- Mark Bannon – Multifunctional Outdoor Setting
- Nicholas Sadowsky’s – Modular Furniture
- Alexander Wong – Waterproof iPod Stereo System
InTech Exhibiition 2009
- Harrison Tucker’s extendable dining table and Jack Richard’s entertainment unit that displayed a certain brand of uniqueness and had the necessary portfolio requirements to see them gain nominations for the statewide display, InTech, by the external examiners.
DesignTech Exhibition 2008
- Brendan Moon, Nader Tubaileh and James Henderson had their projects nominated for consideration for inclusion in the DesignTECH exhibition. Brendan, a competitive mountain bike rider, designed a versatile and portable bicycle transportation system. Nader produced a multifunctional office table for his parents’ business while James put a cordless drill to the test and used it to drive an outboard boat motor. James was selected to be displayed at the Powerhouse Museum.
- Robert Steer’s swallow tail board made from cedar and Carl Schmidt’s doll house displayed at this exhibition. Robert Steer’s board won a major prize.
- Nominated – Thomas Baker’s modular furniture, Benjamin Caples’ pod chair, Tomas Dirkas’ storage chair and Joel Hooper’s side table/bed. Joel’s was selected and displayed at the powerhouse.