The Boarding family
At Edmund Webb, the Boarding Family becomes the boy’s city family. Currently, four academic staff members live in the boarding house with their families giving the boarding house a friendly and familial atmosphere.
The Boarding Family are the boys’ first point of call and deliver care and support to boys while away from home. The Master-on-Duty is the main point of contact when parents are wanting to speak to someone about their son and is available to discuss leave arrangements as well as answer any general enquiries regarding boarding at Newington College.
In addition to staff members, the boarders are a tight-knit group of boys who offer support to each other. They are often found enjoying a game of cricket or rugby in the nearby Wyvern Preparatory sports grounds or trekking down to Enmore for a late afternoon gelato.
Boarding House Master-on-Duty
The House Master-on-Duty is contactable on his mobile between 3:30 PM – 10:00 PM Mondays to Fridays and 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM on weekends.
Mobile: 0406 383 036
- For all current issues (e.g. boys returning from Leave)
- Contacting the Master-on-Duty
- Checking current arrangements and general enquiries.
- Contacting your son
Boarding House Master
- For leave requests
- For concerns about your sons welfare
- If there is an emergency or family tragedy
For less urgent matters Troy is always happy to be contacted via email. Please feel free to email at any time and Troy will respond (usually within 24 hours).
Please be aware that the Head of Boarding may be teaching or dealing with other urgent matters. If you leave a message he will get back to you as soon as possible.
Assistant House Masters
- Brad Gill – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tom Lever – email@example.com
- Mr James Norman – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr Rex Nottage – email@example.com
- Mr William Van Asperen- firstname.lastname@example.org